Exposure to beryllium, coal dust, asbestos, latex or any work-related substances can cause serious breathing issues.
If this has happened to you, you can trust your care to the occupational medicine experts at National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado, the leading respiratory hospital in the nation.
Our multidisciplinary team provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment to patients with a broad range of work-related lung diseases. We also work with employers, unions, industry, government and others to provide occupational health and safety programs to reduce and prevent work-related lung diseases such as asthma, COPD and bronchiolitis.
Our doctors are researchers too, so you have access to the latest clinical trials and most effective treatments.
Environmental & Occupational Health at National Jewish Health
At National Jewish Health, you’ll find:
- State-of-the-art testing
- A therapy plan designed for you
- Programs specific to your work environment, like the Beryllium Program, Black Lung Clinic, Miners Clinic of Colorado and more
- Resources for your business, including exposure assessment, medical surveillance, respirator fit and more
- Center of Excellence on Deployment-Related Lung Disease.
Condition InformationMilitary & Veterans Lung Disease
Programs & ServicesRespiratory Protection Program
- Beryllium Program
- Center of Excellence for Silicosis & its Prevention Program
- Division of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences
- Former U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Worker Medical Screening Programs
- Medical Surveillance Program
- Miners Clinic of Colorado
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Sarcoidosis Program
E Brigitte Gottschall, MD
Jeremy T. Hua, MD, MPH
Silpa D. Krefft, MD, MPH
Lisa A. Maier, MD, MSPH, FCCP
Annyce S. Mayer, MD, MSPH
Clara Restrepo, MD
Cecile S. Rose, MD, MPH
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.
When patients are diagnosed with rare or unusual health conditions, understanding what to do next or where to find care can be daunting. For Diane Wein, a globe-trotting married mother of one, it took a team of doctors at National Jewish Health to get her back on her feet.