If you have allergies, your immune system reacts to a foreign substance (an allergen) as if it were dangerous, even though it is harmless to others. For some people, allergies may just be an annoyance, for others, they are life threatening.
No matter where you are on the allergy spectrum, get care from the international leader in allergy research and treatment, National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado. Our multidisciplinary team of specialists uses the latest allergy testing and the newest treatments for your allergy symptoms. Some are not available anywhere else.
Our doctors are researchers too, so you have access to the latest clinical trials and most effective treatments.
Allergy Treatment at National Jewish Health
Our comprehensive allergy program offers many services for you:
- Advanced allergy testing
- A therapy plan customized for you
- In-depth, one-on-one teaching, including training in self-care
- Continued follow-up to treat your changing needs
We don’t just manage your allergy symptoms; we also look for the things that could make them worse.
The goal of our allergy treatment programs is to treat your condition and help you manage your allergies at home, allowing you to lead the life you want.
Programs & ServicesAllergy Treatment Programs (Adult)
Rafeul Alam, MD, PhD
Jordan Bull, PA-C
Flavia Cecilia Lega Hoyte, MD
Kanao Otsu, MD, MPH
Eileen Wang, MD, MPH
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.