A sleep disorder interferes with your ability to sleep normally. For many people, it is a chronic, nightly problem that can affect daytime behavior. A sleep disorder can worsen existing medical conditions, and it also can lead to new health problems.
The experts at National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado, treat patients with a wide range of sleep disorders. At the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, we have the oldest and most comprehensive sleep program in the region. A multidisciplinary team of sleep medicine specialists, pulmonologists, psychologists, respiratory therapists and sleep study technologists will develop a customized care plan based on your specific needs.
Our sleep doctors are researchers too, so you have access to the latest clinical trials and most effective treatments for sleep disorders.
Sleep Care at National Jewish Health
At National Jewish Health, you’ll find:
- The latest in sleep clinical trials
- Comprehensive clinical evaluation and testing for all sleep disorders
- Hospital-based and at home sleep studies
- Psychological assessment and treatment
- Continued follow-up to treat your changing needs.
Condition InformationSleep Disorders
Programs & ServicesSleep Center
Jack D. Edinger, PhD
Teofilo L. Lee-Chiong Jr, Jr, MD
Vipin Malik, MD
Clara Restrepo, MD
Sheila Tsai, MD
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.