Lung cancer is difficult to detect early, because many times there are no symptoms. The earlier lung cancer is detected, the better your chance of survival.
If you have been diagnosed or believe you are at risk of developing lung cancer, the experts at National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado can help. Our lung cancer program focuses on early detection and diagnosis. For those who are diagnosed with lung cancer, we provide integrated care and treatment options in a warm and caring environment.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, our team excels at managing lung cancer patients with other lung diseases such as emphysema and COPD. National Jewish Health also has been named a high-performing hospital for Lung Cancer Surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Our doctors are researchers too, so you will have access to the latest lung cancer clinical trials and most effective treatments. At National Jewish Health you’ll find:
Lung nodule registry to monitor people at risk for developing lung cancer
Lung cancer screening program to detect lung cancer early
A full range of advanced treatment options, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy, minimally invasive procedures and surgery
Coordinated care personalized to your health and genetics
Palliative procedures and counseling for you and the whole family
The time our doctors spend with their patients is unequaled, ensuring a positive environment for listening, understanding concerns and offering options. Our team offers dedication to your care every step of the cancer journey.
Condition InformationLung Cancer: Overview
Programs & ServicesLung Cancer Center
Laurie L. Carr, MD
Debra S. Dyer, MD, FACR
Kristen Glisinski, MD
Christopher B. Jones, MD
Robert Kantor, MD
Jeffrey Kern, MD
Seth Kligerman, MD
Bronwyn Long, DNP, MBA, ACHPN, AOCNS, ACNS-BC
Robert A. Meguid, MPH, MD
John D. Mitchell, MD
Mohammed Salhab, MD
Ellen Volker, MD, MSPH
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.
Patients come here from around the world to receive treatment they can’t find anywhere else.