We provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with a broad range of allergic and immunologic disorders, such as food allergy, asthma and immunodeficiency. We are a specialized referral center, and our patients are typically referred by their local doctors/specialists because of difficulty in diagnosing and/or treating the disease.
Our nationally-recognized allergy and immunology specialists perform unique consultative services to provide comprehensive clinical care to our patients. These consultative services include pulmonary rehabilitation, psychosocial medicine, occupational medicine, speech therapy for vocal cord dysfunction, sleep studies, interstitial lung disease and nutrition.
The divisional basic science and clinical research labs provide a unique opportunity to conduct molecular diagnostic studies on patient samples that aid diagnosis as well as management of a broad-spectrum of allergic, immunologic and respiratory illnesses.
Programs & ServicesAllergy Treatment Programs (Adult)
Rafeul Alam, MD, PhD
Jordan Bull, PA-C
Flavia Cecilia Lega Hoyte, MD
Kanao Otsu, MD, MPH
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.