Daniel Zank, MD, is a pulmonologist at National Jewish Health. Dr. Zank is in the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
- 2006 - 2010
- Loyola University of Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, MD
- 2004 - 2006
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, MS, Population Health Sciences
- 1998 - 2002
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, BS, Biology
- 2010 - 2011
- University of California - San Diego, La Jolla, CA, Internal Medicine
- 2011 - 2013
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, Internal Medicine
- 2015 - 2018
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy & Critical Care Medicine
Awards & Recognition
2011: University of California-San Diego, Intern of the Year
2017-2018: T32 Ruth L. Kirschstein, National Research Service Award
2013: American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
2017: American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine
2018: American Board of Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine
2011-Present: American Medical Association
2013-Present: American College of Physicians
2015-Present: American Thoracic Society
Bueno M, Zank DC, Buendia-Roldan I, et al. PINK1 attenuates mtDNA release in alveolar epithelial cells and TLR9 mediated profibrotic responses. JCI Insight, 2019, Accepted Submission.
Zank DC, Bueno M, Mora AL, Rojas M. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: Aging, mitochondrial dysfunction, and cellular bioenergetics. Front Med (Lausanne) 2018;5. doi:10.3389/fmed.2018.00010.
Fendrick AM, Zank D. Value-Based Insurance Design: Aligning incentives and evidence in pulmonary medicine. Chest, 2013; 144(5): 1712-6.
Robles L, Slogoff M, Ladwig-Scott E, Zank D, Larson MK, Aranha G, Shoup M. The addition of a nurse practitioner to an inpatient surgical team results in improved use of resources. Surgery, 2011; 150(4): 711-7.
Freeberg SY, Maglione T, Amin A, Zank D, Heroux AL, et al. Efficacy of mechanical circulatory support devices for termination of drug-refractory sustained ventricular tachycardia. J Clinic Experiment Cardiol, 2011; 2: 153.