An allergic reaction to a food occurs when the immune system overreacts to the food. Food allergy symptoms can be frightening for you and your child. It’s also frustrating when allergies prevent your child from taking part in normal activities with family and friends.
The Pediatric Food Allergy Diagnosis and Management Program at National Jewish Health for Kids in Denver, Colorado, brings together a team of nationally recognized allergists, nurses, dietitians, therapists and more. As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, we have a comprehensive approach designed to provide accurate diagnosis and individual treatment for your child’s needs.
Our doctors are researchers too, so your child will have access to the latest pediatric food allergy clinical trials and most effective treatments.
At National Jewish Health for Kids you’ll find:
- Advanced food allergy testing
- 50 years of food challenge experience
- Nutrition counseling and education
- Evaluation for other allergic conditions
- Continued follow-up to treat your child’s changing needs
You will leave well educated about food allergies and with resources that will help you and your child throughout life.
National Jewish Health has been named a “FARE Clinical Network Center of Excellence” by Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) – one of only 22 in the nation.
Condition InformationFood Allergies
Programs & ServicesFood Allergy Program (Pediatric)
Mark Boguniewicz, MD
Donna L. Bratton, MD
Ronina A. Covar, MD
Bruce J. Lanser, MD, MPH
Donald Y M Leung, PhD, MD
Nathan Rabinovitch, MD, MPH
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.