The Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences has been providing comprehensive medical surveillance services to employers and government agencies for over 25 years. Our staff of professionals includes: board-certified pulmonologists, allergists, occupational/environmental medicine physicians, radiologists (NIOSH certified B-readers), industrial hygienists, certified Physician Assistants, epidemiologists, clinic coordinators, occupational health nurses and medical assistants.
National Jewish Health has state-of-the-art, fully accredited facilities for medical imaging, medical testing, and clinical laboratory testing. We offer standard medical surveillance examinations consistent with applicable OSHA standards. We specialize in the design of customized medical surveillance programs to meet the needs of employers and workers with unique exposures and/or in hazardous environments.
Standard Medical Surveillance Services
- Medical clearance for respirator use (OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard, 29 CFR 1910.134)
- Questionnaires may be mailed to us for review (except for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus [SCBA] and Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health (IDLH) environments, for which examinations must be performed in our clinic)
Services Offered for Customized Medical Surveillance Packages
We also provide customized services to meet the needs of the employer and workers with specialized job requirements and/or unique environmental hazards. while remaining in compliance with applicable OSHA standards and medical surveillance guidelines. Customized medical surveillance packages can include some or all of the following:
- History review and physical examination (performed by board-certified physician)
- Breathing test (ATS - compliant spirometry performed by NIOSH certified technicians)
- On-site and off-site services
- Hearing test (OSHA- compliant audiogram performed by CAOHC certified technicians)
- Laboratory testing
- Vision testing
- Chest X-ray (interpretation by board-certified radiologists with B-reading if needed)
- EKG (12 lead electrocardiogram)
- Exercise stress testing with pulse oximetry
- Respirator fit testing (qualitative and quantitative)
- Industrial hygiene monitoring
- Customized results reporting
If there are tests you need that may not appear on this list, please call 303.398.1520
Other Medical Screening Programs at National Jewish Health
Learn More About Medical Surveillance at National Jewish Health
We can help you meet your medical surveillance and respiratory protection needs.
Learn more about the National Jewish Health Respiratory Protection Program.
OSHA standards for medical surveillance can be found on the OSHA website. Programs recommended by NIOSH can be found on the NIOSH website. To determine your employer needs please refer to the .
For more information, please contact the Medical Surveillance Program at 303.398.1520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.