Eczema, also known as atopic dermatitis, is a chronic skin disease. It causes intense itching, with red or dry skin, and usually starts in childhood. That’s why you often hear it called “baby eczema” or “pediatric eczema.”
In Denver, Colorado, and around the country, National Jewish Health is the leader in caring for childhood eczema. The National Jewish Health for Kids pediatric eczema team brings together physicians, nurses, dietitians, psychiatrists and psychologists. These experts work together to create an individualized treatment plan for your child and often succeed where others have not.
Our doctors are researchers too, so your child will have access to the latest clinical trials and most effective treatments.
Pediatric Eczema Care at National Jewish Health
Our comprehensive program offers many services for you and your child:
- Diagnostics not available anywhere else
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Help with sleep disturbances
- Psychological assessment and treatment
- In-depth, one-on-one teaching, including training in self-care
- Continued follow-up to treat your child’s changing needs
Condition InformationEczema (Atopic Dermatitis) Overview
Programs & ServicesEczema Program (Pediatric)
Mark Boguniewicz, MD
Donna L. Bratton, MD
Ronina A. Covar, MD
Bruce J. Lanser, MD, MPH
Donald Y M Leung, PhD, MD
Nathan Rabinovitch, MD, MPH
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.
Christian McMackin no longer struggles for air. The youngster came to National Jewish Health in 2016 after his parents, Misti and Chris noticed that their son was coughing, wheezing and having difficulty breathing. After spending a week at the nation’s #1 respiratory hospital, Christian’s family had concrete answers about his condition. Misti continues to be pleased with the care her son receives at National Jewish Health and recommends the hospital to others dealing with asthma.