Restore Ability and Return to Activity
The J. Leonard & Myra Levy Family Rehabilitation Department offers comprehensive, world-class rehabilitation services to patients of all ages. We are committed to working with patients and their families in a safe environment focused on results. Our expertise allows us to treat much more than pulmonary or immune system disorders. If you or your child has been injured, has limitations from an illness, or could improve overall physical or cognitive function, you will not find a better place to get treatment. You will see results.
Learn about the Rehabilitation Services Staff.
In 2008, donor contributions fueled a comprehensive upgrade of the department, bringing in state-of-the-art equipment that provides better workouts for more people. Technogym equipment adds to the updated look and brings equipment similar to that used by Olympians at their training center in Colorado Springs and in Beijing. (Learn about our Personal Training and Group Classes that utilize this equipment.) And the Alex Kaufman Pediatric Group Rehabilitation Room is a new space designed just for kids, providing a large, cheerful area separated from the adult space.
Services We Offer
Download the Rehabilitation Services Brochure (PDF).
Evaluations and Treatments
- Neurological Injury
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Ergonomic assessment
- Vestibular evaluation and treatment
- Peripheral neuropathy evaluation and treatment
- Intramuscular manual therapy (trigger point dry needing)
- Lessac Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy (LMRVT)
- Videostroboscopy and fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Voice articulation
- Credentialed Lee Silverman voice therapy
Any physician can refer you for rehabilitation at National Jewish Health. Your doctor can fax prescriptions and information to us at 303.270.2238, or call us at 303.398.1490.
Highly Qualified Experts
- Physical therapists
- Credentialed intramuscular manual (dry needling) therapists
- Certified kinesiotape practitioners
- Speech language pathologists
- Occupational therapists
- Recreational therapists
- Exercise physiologists
- Certified exercise trainers
- YMCA & Arthritis Foundation – certified aquatic instructors
We help patients learn new ways of doing tasks, relearn skills and regain ability. Patients learn to address safety issues, adjust conditions in their home, and perform tasks with confidence.