Interstitial lung disease (ILD) is a broad category of lung diseases that includes more than 130 disorders. Common characteristics of ILD are scarring (pulmonary fibrosis) and/or inflammation of the lungs.
As a center specializing in the care of people with ILD, our health care providers have vast experience in treating people with these rare and complex conditions. In conjunction with your local provider, doctors at National Jewish Health develop and implement a detailed plan of diagnosis and care based on the latest information available regarding ILD.
There is a tremendous amount of interest in understanding the mechanisms of inflammation and scarring in ILD, and extensive research in this area is being conducted at National Jewish Health. Together with our basic scientists, the doctors and staff at National Jewish Health work to broaden our understanding of the causes of ILD and develop new treatment approaches.
Interstitial Lung Disease Care at National Jewish Health
At National Jewish Health, you’ll find:
- The latest clinical trials
- A focused and integrated approach
- State-of-the-art pulmonary testing and treatments
- Comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Familial Pulmonary Fibrosis Genetic Counseling Program
- Support groups
Our team of doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, lab technicians and clinical research coordinators will create a detailed plan of diagnosis and care for you, based on the latest information available regarding ILD.
Condition InformationInterstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Overview
Programs & ServicesInterstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Program
Kevin K. Brown, MD
Gregory P. Downey, MD
Evans Fernández, MD, MS
Stephen K. Frankel, MD, FCCM, FCCP
Cori Fratelli, MSN, FNP-C, RN
Jeremy T. Hua, MD, MPH
Tristan J. Huie, MD
Rebecca C. Keith, MD
Matthew Koslow, MD
Michael P. Mohning, MD
Katherine Rosen, RN, MSN, ANP-C
Joshua J. Solomon, MD
Jeff Swigris, DO, MS
Zulma X. Yunt, MD
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) & GERD
The purpose of this study is to measure and accurately identify the presence and severity of gastroesphageal reflux disease (GERD), commonly called acid reflux, in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) patients using the Supraglottic Index (SGI).Learn More
Patients come here from around the world to receive treatment they can’t find anywhere else.