Troy Guard, chef/owner of TAG Restaurant Group, works with Morgridge Academy student Amya to create Garden Meatloaf and Sweet Potatoes.
Troy Guard, chef/owner of TAG Restaurant Group, has made it his mission to help chronically ill students at Morgridge Academy learn about why healthy food is important for growing bodies. Through a series of Cooking with Troy videos featuring Morgridge Academy students he shares his passion for cooking with fresh garden produce.
He also created the Eat. Drink. Donate. campaign to raise critical funds and awareness for the school. During the campaign, TAG Restaurant Group customers will have the option to add a donation to their bill, and on the first Tuesday of the month, 15 percent of all sales will be donated to the school. The Eat. Drink. Donate. campaign rotates monthly at Troy Guard’s family of restaurants.
Shop to Support
Recipe: Garden Meatloaf with Sweet Potatoes
Adding carrots, zucchini, oats and quinoa puts a healthy twist on traditional meatloaf. Thanks to Chef Troy for sharing his recipe.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1 pound ground beef
½ cup shredded carrot (chop stem and place in mix as well)
½ cup shredded zucchini
½ cup minced onion
½ cup oats
½ cup quinoa
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ cup ketchup
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
- Cook all veggies in pan for 2 minutes with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Mix all veggies with all ingredients in bowl, knead for 1 minute.
- Mold your loaf, brush with 1 Tbsp ketchup and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
½ pound sweet potatoes, cleaned, rough sliced in block form (cooks quicker)
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. honey
- Place sweet potatoes on sheet tray in oven and cook for 30 minutes at 375 degrees (use same pan as your loaf).
- When you take out of oven, toss butter, seasoning and honey with sweet potatoes in a bowl.