Respiratory Protection Program
For over 15 years, the Division of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences at National Jewish Health has directed the Respiratory Protection Program. Our program is designed to protect workers from exposure to hazardous substances and help employers cost-effectively comply with federal regulations. Board-certified occupational medicine physicians, pulmonologists, certified industrial hygienists and trained respirator fit technicians provide comprehensive respiratory and hearing protection services including:
- Medical clearance exams
- Pulmonary function testing
- Respiratory fit testing (quantitative and qualitative)
- Industrial Hygiene Services
- Worker training
Our professionally-staffed respirator fit test facility on the National Jewish Health campus is available during business hours or we can come to your facility. We specialize in providing comprehensive respiratory protection and audiometry services on-site at your facility to minimize employee scheduling conflicts and to optimize your organization's productivity. We understand your respiratory protection needs as we perform over 5,000 respirator fit tests per year in industrial, healthcare and construction work environments.
Learn about our Respiratory Protection Program Services
Learn about Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Respiratory Protection Requirements
To schedule respirator fit testing, training, medical clearances, audiometry or industrial hygiene services please call 303.398.1539 or email Amy Ridder at RidderA@njhealth.org.
- Annyce Mayer, MD, MSPH, is a board certified occupational medicine physician with special expertise in occupational lung disease. She has been actively involved in research and clinical practice for more than 10 years. She has consulting experience in industrial, governmental, and healthcare settings. She is also experienced in developing medical surveillance programs for complex exposures.
- Michael Van Dyke, PhD, CIH, is a certified industrial hygienist who has been actively involved in occupational and environmental lung diseases, including both consulting and research. He has consulting experience in industrial and healthcare settings, and is experienced in state-of-the-art environmental monitoring methods.
- Kate Serrano, MPH, HHS, is a Master's level industrial hygienist with extensive experience in respiratory protection, noise and indoor air quality. She has a special interest in residential indoor air quality and is a certified healthy homes specialist.
- Amy Ridder coordinates the Respiratory Protection Program at National Jewish Health. Ms. Ridder has extensive knowledge in all types of respirators and specializes in respiratory protection training, respirator fit testing, audiometric screening, and spirometry. She is NIOSH certified in spirometry and is CAOHC certified in audiometric screening.
Recommended websites for Additional Information