When you have muscle or joint pain that does not improve, you may need the help of a rheumatologist. Rheumatic diseases (also called autoimmune diseases) include connective tissue disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, as well as mixed connective tissue disease.
At National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado, we specialize in comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of patients with autoimmune diseases. Our team of doctors – including leaders in rheumatology, immunology and allergy – works together to diagnose and treat each patient. As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, our Autoimmune Lung Center focuses on patients with connective tissue disorders to manage lung-related problems.
Our doctors are researchers too, so you have access to the latest rheumatologic clinical trials and most effective treatments.
Rheumatology Care at National Jewish Health
At National Jewish Health, you’ll find:
Condition InformationRheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
Programs & Services
Stuart S. Kassan, MD
Liudmila Kastsianok, MD, RhMSUS
Mehrnaz Maleki Fischbach, MD
Our Patient Education Program at National Jewish Health provides many free educational opportunities and support groups to assist patients and caregivers with managing illnesses and chronic conditions.
Download Free Patient Education Materials
There are a number of written materials to support patient education at National Jewish Health. They include Understanding Booklets, Med Facts, Test Facts, Medication handouts and more.
Reasons to Choose National Jewish Health
- The leading respiratory hospital in the nation and the only one devoted fully to the treatment of respiratory and related illnesses
- Ranked #1 or #2 in Pulmonology by U.S. News & World Report for 26 consecutive years
- Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals in the nation by HCAHPS
- Physicians consistently recognized among the best in the nation by multiple services, including Best Doctors in America and Castle Connolly
- Among the top 6% of organizations funded for research by the NIH, providing patients access to hundreds of active clinical trials
- 124-year history of focus on care, research and education serving patients from around the world with lung, heart, immune and related disorders
Make an Appointment
Many patients who come to National Jewish Health are trying to find answers to ongoing health issues. Our doctors use advanced testing to accurately diagnose our patients’ conditions and determine the best treatment plan.