Cook up a pot of this delicious, healthy vegetarian chili made with beans, fresh vegetables, and savory spices.
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 up green bell pepper, cubed
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cubed
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Combine bulgur and hot water. Let soak 30 minutes to soften.
- Combine onions, garlic, celery, carrots, zucchini, green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms, kidney beans and tomatoes and softened bulgur in a pan.
- Simmer 30 minutes
- Add seasoning to mixture. Simmer for 30 minutes.
information has been approved by Clinical Nutrition Services (September
2011). For specific diet information tailored to your needs, we
recommend you consult with one of our registered dietitians.