Basic Breakfast Muffin for Wheat Allergy*
An easy breakfast recipe for those who have an allergy to wheat products.(Makes 3 muffins - may be doubled for a 6-count muffin pan)
- 1/3 cup quinoa plus 2 tablespoons quinoa (may also use rice flour)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ oz. milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons oil
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients using a spoon so that all of the product can be taken off.
- Line a muffin pan with foil or paper muffin liners. Spray the liners with a non-stick cooking spray, such as Pam.
- Fill each muffin section in the pan with the mix, about 3/4 full
- Bake at 350° degrees for 25 minutes.
*If you have a soy allergy, use this same recipe. If you have a milk allergy, substitute 1 ½ oz. soy milk for the milk.
This information has been approved by Clinical Nutrition Services (July 2010). For specific diet information tailored to your needs, we recommend you consult with one of our registered dietitians.