Beryllium Lymphocyte Stimulation, Lavage
Collect lavage fluid in a sterile container. DO NOT centrifuge until cell count and differential have been performed. Please provide results of cell count and differential to ADx Laboratories.
After cell count has been performed, centrifuge the lavage specimen (approximately 1200 rpm x 10 minutes).
Remove supernatant. Re-suspend cells in complete medium. This consists of:
- RPMI 1640 (or similar tissue culture medium) with
- Gentamicin sulfate or pen/strep (0.5% by volume) and
- Serum 10% by volume (can use pooled AB positive serum or patient's own serum)
Final concentration of cells in media should be approximately 5-10 million cells per mL. Place in a plastic centrifuge tube and seal.
For each sample sent, please enclose a requisition with the name of the patient.
POSITIVE PATIENT IDENTIFICATION [Labeling] requires we use two (2) pieces of information [identifiers].
- Both identifiers must match exactly on the specimen label and the requisition/order that corresponds to that specimen.
- Where appropriate for multiple samples submitted together, specimen collection information (e.g. site or source, date and time of collection, etc.) must also be included on the specimen label.
Specimens received more than 30 hours old, frozen specimens, specimens in lithium heparin, specimens in tubes with gel such as SSTs and PSTs.
Storage Transport Temp
Send ambient fluid Priority Overnight via FedEx or UPS in a well insulated container (or in the ADx shipping kit). Specimen must be received in the laboratory within 24 hours of collection.
Ambient: 30 Hours
Note: Samples shipped from New York State must be received within 24 hours of collection.
ADx Client Services must be called at 800.550.6227 to schedule testing before sample is shipped. Scheduling with laboratory in advance of collection is preferred.
Lymphocyte stimulation in cell culture
DepartmentImmunology Lab - Functional Assay
Lavage;Lymphocyte Proliferation (Beryllium Lymphocyte Stimulation, Lavage)
Minimum Volume 20mL
State License ApprovalMD