Congrats to lab member, Alex Borowiec, for getting into the PhD program at University of Arizona! We wish you the best luck in your future at the University of Arizona!
We, the lab, would like to wish Kelly Schweitzer good luck as she returns to Indiana University to continue her research! Thank you for your years of hard work and dedication working with the Petrache Lab.
The lab would like to welcome our new lab manager, Matthew Justice!
- Ceramide Induced destruction in Emphysema
- Lung Repair by Tetraspanin Interacting Protein IGSF3
- Biomarkers for toxic and health effects of e-cigarette vaping on human distal lung
- Ceramide mediates COVID-19 vascular injury and ARDS
- Pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension in COPD
Lab Resources & Services
The Petrache lab is located on the National Jewish Health Campus, on the 8th floor of the Goodman building.
Our lab employs complementary and translational approaches of studying disease models, including access to local and regional research cores.
- Irina Petrache, MD, PI
- Karina Serban, MD, PI
- Joanna Poczobutt, PhD
- Matthew Justice, PhD
- Alex Borowiec, BS, Senior Lab Researcher
- Nicholas Egersdorf, BA, Senior Lab Researcher
- Betty Dubois, MS, Lab Researcher
- Tanner Rivera, MS, Lab Researcher Technician
- Isabelle Echelman, BS, Lab Researcher Technician
- Evan Lundberg, BS/BA, Lab Researcher Technician
Goel K, Egersdorf N, Gill A, Cao D, Collum SD, Jyothula SS, Huang HJ, SaulerM, Lee PJ, MajkaS, Karmouty-Quintana H, Petrache I. Characterization ofpulmonary vascularremodeling and MicroRNA-126-targets in COPD-pulmonaryhypertension. RespirRes. 2022 Dec 15;23(1):349. doi:10.1186/s12931-022-02267-4. PMID: 36522710; PMCID: PMC9756782.
Guntur VP, Nemkov T, de Boer E, Mohning MP, Baraghoshi D, Cendali FI, San-Millán I, Petrache I, D'Alessandro A. Signatures of Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Impaired Fatty Acid Metabolism in Plasma of Patients with Post-Acute Sequelae of COVID-19 (PASC). Metabolites. 2022 Oct 26;12(11):1026. doi:10.3390/metabo12111026. PMID: 36355108; PMCID: PMC9699059.