Start a liquid (no solid foods) diet from the moment of waking up on the day before the procedure.
Clear Liquid Diet
- Gatorade, fruit juice (no citrus), soda, popsicles without fruit or cream, gelatin without fruit, broth without fat, coffee, and tea
- No solid food
- No red, orange, or purple colored liquids
- No dairy
Take the Medications
- Take one 5mg Bisacodyl tablet at noon (12 pm).
- Fill Prep solution jug to fill line with water. Shake to mix. Begin drinking 8-10oz glasses of PEG solution between 4 and 6pm until 2 liters is consumed.
- Drink remaining 2 liters 6 hours before your procedure.
- You may have clear liquids up to 4 hours prior to your procedure.
Do not eat or drink (not even water) anything 4 hours prior to your procedure.
- Be sure to inform your doctors and nurses about any diabetic medications and/or blood thinners you take.
- Take all medications for high blood pressure, heart conditions, or seizure disorder with water 4 hours prior to your procedure. This is the last liquid you should have.
- Bring rescue inhalers, asthma inhalers, diabetic medications, glucose monitor, and CPAP or BiPap machine with you to the procedure.
- Please be sure to have a ride arranged and with you to take you home after the procedure. If you do not have a ride with you, your procedure may be canceled.
Please call 303.398.1355 option #4, if you have any questions or need to reschedule.
This information has been approved by Jeffrey King, MD (February 2015).