TNM Staging information is collected in administrative forms in the Allscripts EMR. These forms forces more discrete data and provide a nicely formatted document for the providers and patients.
A number of different types of fields are available:
- Free text fields (e.g. for comments, smoking history)
- Radio buttons (which allow only one choice)
- List boxes that give commonly used choices (e.g. histologic types)
- Dates (e.g. date of procedure)
- Numeric fields ( e.g. tumor size)
Patient information such as name, MRN, gender and date of birth are automatically populated when the form is created. There is no ability to error check fields in our EMR administrative forms, therefore any validation of the T, N, M values with the stage selected and missing fields must be done after the completion of the form in the Quality Assessment process.
Specific TNM Staging Forms - We created forms as they were necessary for lung, colorectal, esophageal, pleural mesothelioma, and thymoma and thymic carcinoma.