National Jewish Health® Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories uses a variety of technologies to determine the presence or absence of cell-mediated and antibody-mediated immune responses to drugs, vaccines, toxins and pathogens.
We offer antibody response design, development and validation services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies seeking antibody-based measures of efficacy and toxicity for their products, and to laboratories and clinicians seeking antibody-based measures for diagnosis and disease staging.
Advanced Diagnostic Laboratories can utilize human samples and non-human test systems to run your assays.
Immune Cell Function
- ELISpot assays to measure antigen-specific T cell frequency
- Immunophenotype determination by multicolor flow cytometry
- Functional cytotoxicity assays for NK and T cells, including ADCC
- Antigen-specific lymphocyte proliferation assays customized to your needs
- Basophil activation studies (e.g., allergens or drugs)
- Antibody responses to new antigens
- Measurement of adverse antibody responses, including IgG, IgM and IgE
Phospho Flow to Measure Kinase Cascade Activity
- Cytokine measurement: serum, plasma, sputum and intracellular Toll-like receptor (TLR) functional assays
Complement Activation and Inhibition
- Complement activation products: C3a, C4a, C5a, Bb, SC5b-9, as well as iC3b and C4d
- In vitro evaluation of the complement activating potential of new compounds, biomaterials of other substances
- Measurement of autoantibodies against complement components
- Complement functional screens and comprehensive assays for component function and concentration