Abnormal heart rhythms called arrhythmias are common conditions impacting the heart’s electrical system.
At National Jewish Health, our electrophysiologists diagnose and treat arrhythmia patients from Denver and throughout Colorado. We work with our patients to determine the best treatment options, including cardiac ablation and cardiac device implantation. Our goal is to help patients and to manage their arrhythmia so they can lead full and active lives. In many cases, we are able to cure the arrhythmia so patients do not need to be on medication long term.
- Consultative services for evaluation of all arrhythmia disorders
- Comprehensive cardiac ablation therapy for all arrhythmias, including complex ablations (atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia)
- Electrophysiology studies
- Comprehensive evaluation and management of suspected cardiac sarcoidosis
- Cardiac device implantation
- Comprehensive device clinic for follow-up and management, including remote monitoring program
Cardiac Device Implantation
- Pacemaker, both standard and leadless
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD), both standard and subcutaneous
- Implantable loop recorder
Cardiac device implantation is performed by our electrophysiologists in the state-of-the-art electrophysiology lab at Saint Joseph Hospital.