When you have muscle or joint pain that does not improve, you may need the help of a rheumatologist. Rheumatic diseases (also called autoimmune diseases) include connective tissue disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, as well as mixed connective tissue disease.
At National Jewish Health in Denver, Colorado, we specialize in comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of patients with autoimmune diseases. Our team of doctors – including leaders in rheumatology, immunology and allergy – works together to diagnose and treat each patient. As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, our Autoimmune Lung Center focuses on patients with connective tissue disorders to manage lung-related problems.
Our doctors are researchers, too, so you have access to the latest rheumatologic clinical trials and most effective treatments.
Rheumatology Care at National Jewish Health
At National Jewish Health, you’ll find:
- The latest clinical trials
- A focused and integrated approach
- A therapy plan designed especially for you
- Nutrition advice from expert dietitians
- Rehabilitation services, including physical and occupational therapy
- State-of-the-art technology and expertise.