Start a liquid (no solid foods) diet from the moment of waking up on the day before the procedure.
Clear Liquid Diet
- Gatorade, fruit juice (no citrus), soda, popsicles without fruit or cream, gelatin without fruit, broth without fat, coffee, and tea
- No solid food
- No red, orange, or purple colored liquids
- No dairy
SuPrep Preparation Instructions
- 1st dose of SuPrep to be taken at 6pm day of liquid diet. Mix 1 bottle from kit with water in the mixing cup supplied. Follow with 2 mixing cups of water.
- 2nd dose of SuPrep 6 hours prior to procedure. Mix second bottle from kit with water in the mixing cup supplied. Follow with 2 mixing cups of water.
- May have clear liquids up to 4 hours before the procedure.
Do not eat or drink (not even water) anything 4 hours prior to your procedure.
- Be sure to inform your doctors and nurses about any diabetic medications and/or blood thinners you take.
- Take all medications for high blood pressure, heart conditions, or seizure disorder with water 4 hours prior to your procedure.This will be the last liquid you should have.
- Bring rescue inhalers, asthma inhalers, diabetic medications, glucose monitor, and CPAP or BiPap machine with you to the procedure.
- Please be sure to have a ride arranged and with you to take you home after the procedure. If you do not have a ride with you, your procedure may be canceled.
Please call 303.398.1355 option #4, if you have any questions or need to reschedule.
This information has been approved by Jeffrey King, MD (February 2015).