The Lung Cancer Screening Program at National Jewish Health focuses on early detection of lung cancer. Because a screening CT identifies suspicious lesions in high-risk individuals before there are any symptoms, lung cancer can be detected earlier and much more easily treated.
Current or previous smokers should consider getting this important screening.
Lung Cancer Screening Saves Live
The results of the National Lung Screening Trial (NLST), published in 2011, showed that screening high-risk individuals with yearly low-dose CT scans can significantly improve lung cancer survival.
In response to this study, many nationally respected organizations recommend lung cancer screening CTs for high-risk individuals.
- American Cancer Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- American Thoracic Society
- American Lung Association
- American Association of Thoracic Surgery
- United States Preventive Services Task Force
- American Medical Association
Schedule a Lung Cancer Screening CT
Please call us at 1.877.713.5066 for more information and to schedule your screening.