Research Grant Administration
As an office within the Finance Department, Research Administration provides review and oversight for externally funded research including federal grants, foundation awards and industry-sponsored projects.
- Reviews proposals for budgetary reasonableness, compliance with sponsor terms and conditions and National Jewish Health policy.
- Signs proposals on behalf of the institution
- Issues subcontracts to collaborators, bills for services provided under subcontracts and other awards issued to National Jewish Health
- Negotiates contracts for industry-sponsored clinical trials
- Distributes monthly expense reports for active projects. Oversees collection of periodic certifications and required effort reporting
- Prepares the research indirect cost report and negotiates the F&A and fringe rates with the federal government
- Assists investigators with NIH Commons registration and Cayuse registration
- Prepares and submits final financial reports as required by sponsor / funding agency