How to Apply
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. MST February 2, 2024. The application review committee will release their decisions in March.
You are responsible for ensuring that all application materials are complete at the time of submission. The selection committee does not review incomplete applications. Late submissions are not accepted.
Successful applicants will be notified by email and have 7 days to commit to participating in the program. The commitment will require submission of a formal National Jewish Health HR application (details will be provided in the notification email).
Offers: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post offer placement assessment including, immunization review and tuberculin (TB) skin testing as well as required training modules, if applicable.
Complete the application form including the following essays and uploads of these additional items:
- Resume – File Upload Detail experience, academic background, research, awards, publications, presentations, community service, skills and credentials.
- Unofficial transcript – File Upload showing academic coursework to date, including Fall 2023 semester final grades. Official transcripts may be requested upon acceptance to the program.
- Letters of Recommendation - At least 2 letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf from college faculty (at least 1 should be from an instructor of a math or science course). One additional may be from a nonacademic interest. These letters should be combined into a single .pdf and File Upload.
- ESSAY #1: Please describe your goals and why you want to join the National Jewish Health Summer Research Internship Program (500 words or less).
- ESSAY #2: How will being in the National Jewish Health Summer Internship program help you achieve your goals (100 words or less).
- ESSAY #3: Please describe your research, laboratory experience, and participation in scientific events (1,000 words or less).
- ESSAY #4: Please describe your extracurricular activities, work, teaching and volunteering experience (500 words or less).
- ESSAY #5: Please describe your motivation or passion for STEM fields and Research (250 words or less).