Summary: The Future of Breathing
HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2016
National Jewish Health works every day to help people breathe easier, both today and tomorrow. At National Jewish Health, we are focused on innovation and the future. The work we do today will shape health care tomorrow. We believe the future of patient care lies with the kind of teamwork for which National Jewish Health is known. Here are highlights of that teamwork in action.
600,000+ U.S. PEDIATRIC ANNUAL ASTHMA EMERGENCY ROOM VISITS
• The Pediatric Severe Asthma Clinic team leverages expertise in asthma care and research, pulmonology, behavioral health and pharmacokinetics to help patients control their asthma.
98% SATISFACTION RATE FROM PATIENTS
• The new Comprehensive Respiratory Care Clinic helps disadvantaged patients overcome barriers to care, including affordable medications, transportation and anxiety management.
395 PEER-REVIEWED SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES PUBLISHED
• Our researchers ask questions and seek answers to gain insight, so we can treat, cure and prevent diseases.
$11.5M DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GRANT
• Clinicians and scientists are seeking solutions to a baffling variety of respiratory diseases afflicting warfighters who served in the Middle East.
13,000 PROVIDERS ATTEND EDUCATIONAL EVENTS ACROSS U.S.
• The National Jewish Health Office of Professional Education helps doctors across the nation stay abreast of medical advances to improve their practices.
$29.3M RAISED FROM INDIVIDUALS, CORPORATIONS AND FOUNDATIONS
• Generous support helped provide comprehensive care and groundbreaking research.
More Information on National Jewish Health