Source: The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
Pollen, air quality, pets and smoking can all affect asthma and other respiratory conditions. Know what triggers your breathing issues and use these tips to keep them under control.
- Stay indoors between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Change clothes, shower and wash hair to remove pollens.
- Avoid exercising outdoors on high pollution and pollen days.
- Keep windows closed, use an air conditioner at home and in the car.
- Wash outdoor pets often to remove outdoor allergens.
- Keep pets out of your bedroom.
- Avoid exposure to secondhand smoke, chemicals and fumes.
- Get help to stop smoking.
- Use a peak flow meter and follow your Asthma Action Plan.
- Take medication as prescribed.
More Information on Pediatric Asthma