The entire staff takes great care in providing high quality, accurate, reliable and repeatable testing results in a friendly, patient-focused atmosphere.
- All equipment has been evaluated to ensure it meets standards for the American Thoracic Society (ATS), the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) and the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- All equipment is calibrated daily to ensure accuracy.
- Our extensive quality control program ensures repeatability of all patient data. Biological standards (healthy, non-smoking staff members) are tested weekly to make sure all equipment provides consistent results.
- Our bioengineer, David Gurka, BS, CPFT, performs statistical analysis of all quality control and documents all quality records.
- Our department bioengineer staff is available to troubleshoot problems to ensure our equipment is operational at all times.
- Education is provided for our staff to ensure continued expansion of their knowledge in pulmonary diagnostics. Every staff member passes competency testing on the skills they provide for patients.
- Testing quality is assured by review of all reports by supervisors.
Quality improvement projects are identified and implemented on an as needed basis.