Dust mites are microscopic animals, too small to be seen with the naked eye. The droppings and decaying bodies of dust mites are important allergens. These dust mites live in mattresses, pillows, bedding, carpets, fabric-covered furniture, old clothing and soft stuffed toys. They feed on human skin scales. Dust mites are most common in humid climates. They don't survive when the humidity is below 40-50%. If droppings of dust mites are inhaled or come in contact with the skin, they may cause allergy, asthma and/or eczema symptoms.

Click to open: Allergies to Dust Mites