This program fosters growth and knowledge by assisting students in learning to perform, create, and respond to music, drama and art. Also included is the electronic keyboard lab, which allows individual or group piano study, and a wide variety of percussion instruments and vocal experiences. The Morgridge Academy aims to develop literacy in the arts, as well as academic disciplines.
Fine Arts curriculum includes music, art, movement and drama.
- 2 major all-school productions a year (winter and spring)
- Study music theory and classical composers
- Piano lab — all students have a chance to explore the keyboard
- Guitars, recorders, and Orff instruments are utilized with classes
- Singing Valentines
- Study of classic artists and art history
- Clay and kiln
- Line dancing
- Folk dancing
- Class plays
- Readers’ theater