Library Facilities & Technology
The Library is reserved for patients and their families, employees and affiliates. Employees have 24/7 access to the library with an ID badge. To check out materials and use resources at UC-HSL, please complete a Patron Data Sheet, located at the library front desk.
There is a small conference room (K104d) available to faculty and staff. It seats up to 7 people and is equipped with a whiteboard and a flat-panel monitor that can plug into your laptop. Please schedule this space online (available only on the National Jewish Health Spyderweb).
Computer & Printer Access
The library maintains five computers for faculty and staff to access work email and research medical and health topics. Two PCs are provided in the Health Information Center for patients, families and visitors for email and medical research. Printers are available for printing health-related information. Recreational use of the library's computers and printers is not allowed.
The library has a Sharp Digital copy machine and scanner. Make copies or scan print materials to PDF and TIFF for OCR conversion. Users must have a cost center number.
To access library databases or online journals and books when you are off-campus, you must use VPN or request an Ovid log-in.
Request VPN access or dial in to the National Jewish Health Network
- Have a National Jewish Health email Address.
- Use the IS work form and submit a request for VPN access.
- Note: Best if you have a DSL or Cable Modem high-speed access.
To get a password to access Journals@Ovid remotely, email us.
Access to University of Colorado Health Sciences Library
- If you have a joint faculty, research or student appointment with the University of Colorado's Anschutz Medical Campus and National Jewish Health, you may have access to the University's Health Sciences Library resources.
- You must be a primary user at the Health Sciences Library. To check your status, refer to HSL's Patron Categories page.
- Many National Jewish Health Faculty fall into the category of "Regular UCD AMC Faculty Paid by Affiliate (National Jewish Health, VAMC, Denver Health, etc.)."
- After being authorized, you can access the database and journal resources of the Health Sciences Library from the National Jewish Health campus or from home using your name and appointed User ID.
- Contact the library for questions about our computers, printers, space or on-site access. x1482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information Services for help setting up VPN Access IS Help Form (available only on the National Jewish Health Spyderweb).