Mycobacterial Diseases Consult Service
The Mycobacterial Consult Line at National Jewish Health helps practitioners manage drug-resistant tuberculosis and other refractory mycobacterial and respiratory infections.
The Consult Line is designed to:
- Facilitate provider communication with National Jewish Health
- Expedite comprehensive review of each case
- Quickly return useful information and specific recommendations to the requesting physician
Our Consultation Coordinator has extensive experience with mycobacterial infections and will assist you by:
- Answering your call to obtain medical case information and specific questions you have about your patient.
- Synthesizing this information with laboratory data and presenting it to the National Jewish Health Mycobacteriology Service Team for discussion and review.
- Relaying observations, comments and specific recommendations back to the requesting physician.
- Helping you submit specimens for identification and susceptibility testing to National Jewish Health's Mycobacteriology Laboratory
- Coordinating referral for a second opinion at our outpatient clinic or extended day treatment program, or inpatient management.
The calling physician will receive recommendations on:
- Appropriate drug therapy
- Duration of therapy
- Appropriateness/possibility of surgical intervention
- Recommendations on monitoring for drug toxicity
- Information on and assistance with referral to National Jewish Health
The unique value to calling physicians and their patients is a review of their mycobacterial case by recognized leaders in the management of these difficult diseases.
To take advantage of this valuable resource offered by the Division of Mycobacterial and Respiratory Infections, please call our consultation coordinator at 1.800.652.9555