- Autoimmune Lung Diseases
- Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma)
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
- Pulmonary Disease Research, Other
Education & Training
- James Madison University, BS, Chemistry
- Hahnemann University School of Medicine, MD
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Internal Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Chief Medical Resident
- University of Colorado Denver, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
My research is focused on the basic cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in the lung’s response to injury and predisposition to fibroproliferation. I am a member of the Interstitial Lung Disease Program and an active participant in its clinical and research programs. In collaboration with the other members of the ILD Program, I am investigating novel therapies for the treatment of interstitial lung disease
Internal Medicine Pulmonary Medicine Critical Care Medicine
Teaching or Professional Positions
Associate Professor of Medicine
Assistant Director, Interstitial Lung Disease Program
Medical Director, Minimally Invasive Diagnostic Center
Affiliations with the University of Colorado Denver
Associate Professor of Medicine at University of Colorado Denver
Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
Member, American Thoracic Society
Awards & Recognition
2007: National Jewish Medical & Research Center Outstanding Junior Faculty Award
2004: Co-Chairman, ATS Postgraduate Course: “The Cutting Edge of Lung Fibrosis: How Our Current Understanding of Pathogenesis Is Leading to New Therapeutic Approaches”
SK Frankel, GP Cosgrove, KK Brown. Small Vessel Vasculitis of the Lung. Chronic Respiratory Disease. 2005; 2:1-10.
GP Cosgrove, KK Brown, WP Schiemann, AE Serls, JE Parr, MW Geraci, MI Schwarz, CD Cool, GS Worthen. Pigment Epithelium-Derived Factor in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: A Role in Aberrant Angiogenesis, Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2004; 170: 242-251.
HA Golpon*, CD Coldren*, MR Zamora, GP Cosgrove, MD Moore, RM Tuder, MW Geraci, NF Voelkel. Emphysema Lung Tissue Gene Expression Profiling. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2004; 31: 595-600.
GP Cosgrove. Pulmonary Manifestations of Collagen Vascular Diseases in CURRENT DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT IN PULMONARY MEDICINE, Michael Hanley and Carolyn Welsh, Eds. New York, Lange, 2003.
GP Cosgrove, J Vourlekis, KK Brown. The Challenges of Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonia. J Respir Dis 2001; 22:307-322.
More Publications by This Author
Link to Faculty Publications