- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Excessive Sleepiness
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Disorders
- Pediatric Sleep
- Sleep in Caregivers of Children with Chronic Illnesses
Education & Training
- Pomona College (Claremont, CA), BS, Clinical Psychology
- University of Florida, MS, Clinical and Health Psychology
- University of Florida, (Gainesville, FL), PhD, Clinical and Health Psychology
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Internship
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatric Psychology
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pickwick Postdoctoral Fellowship in Sleep Medicine
Sleep patterns and daytime functioning in children with chronic health conditions and their parents/caregivers; Objective and subjective measurement of sleep in children; Prevalence of pediatric sleep disorders
2004: Behavioral Sleep Medicine
Sleep Research Society
Society of Pediatric Psychology
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Awards & Recognition
Young Investigator Section Award, American Academy of Sleep Medicine Sleep Research Society Young Investigator Award, Honorable Mention
-Journal of Pediatric Psychology
-Behavioral Sleep Medicine
Meltzer, L. J. & Beck, S. E. (2012). Sleep patterns and perceived health in children with cystic fibrosis. Children’s Health Care, 41, 260-268.
Meltzer, L. J., Montgomery-Downs, H. E., Insana, S. P., Walsh, C. M. (2012). Use of actigraphy for assessment in pediatric sleep research. Sleep Medicine Reviews, 16, 463-475.
Meltzer, L. J., Davis, K. F., & Mindell, J. A. (2012). Patient and parent sleep in a children's hospital. Pediatric Nursing, 38(2), 64-70.
Meltzer, L. J., Biggs, S., Reynolds, A., Avis, K. T., Crabtree, V. M., Bevans, K. (2012). The Children’s Report of Sleep Patterns – Sleepiness Scale: A self-report measure for school-aged children. Sleep Medicine, 13, 385-389.
Meltzer, L. J., Johnson, C., Crossette, J., Ramos, M., & Mindell, J. A. (2010). Prevalence of diagnosed sleep disorders in pediatric primary care practices. Pediatircs, 125(6), e1410-1418.
More Publications by This Author
Link to Faculty Publications
Link to PubMed for more papers