- Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Education & Training
- Baylor College of Medicine, MD
- Baylor College of Medicine, Chief Resident, Pediatrics
- Harvard School of Medicine/Massachusetts General Hospital, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- St. Bartholomew's Hospital/Queen Elizabeth Hospital (London), Clinical Fellow
- Massachusetts General Hospital/Beth Israel Hospital, Research Fellow Combined Program Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Translational studies in determining optimal manner to care for children with eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases.
- Basic studies examining the mechanisms that eosinophils impact esophageal function.
My goal is to improve the lives of children with EGIDs. We have developed a multi-disciplinary program that focusses on the providing individualized care to patients and families. We perform clinical, translational and basic studies to develop novel therapeutic targets and monitor disease activity. Our advocacy and educational efforts seek to change governmental and federal paradigms to improve funding for these areas.
North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
American Gastroenterological Association
Crohn's Colitis Foundation of America
International Eosinophil Society
Harvard Digestive Disease Center
Society of Pediatric Research
National Commission on Digestive Diseases-Esophageal Section
Awards & Recognition
Chairman, Medical Advisory Board American Partnership for Eosinophilic Diseases
Co-Chairman of the Eosinophilic Esophagitis Translational Symposium, Digestive Disease Week, Washington, D.C., 2007
Steering Committee Member, Second International Gastrointestinal Eosinophil Research Symposium, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Co-Chairman, Mentor Research Scholar Award, Foundation of the American Gastroenterological Association
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition