- Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Cough
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Occupational Asthma
Education & Training
- Montana State University, BS, Chemical Engineering
- Montana State University, MS, Chemical Engineering
- University of Colorado, MD
- University of Colorado Affiliated Hospitals, Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado Affiliated Hospitals, Pulmonary and Critical Care
Critical Care Medicine
Teaching or Professional Positions
1995–Present: Editorial Consultant and Reviewer, Chest
1994–1999: Governor, Colorado and Wyoming, American College of Chest Physicians
American College of Chest Physicians, Fellow
American Thoracic Society
Colorado Trudeau Society
Arapahoe and Colorado Medical Society
Mountain R, Heffner J, Brackett N, Sahn S. Acid-Base Disturbances in Acute Asthma. Chest 1990; 98:651-55. Mountain R, Sahn S. Clinical Features and Outcome in patients with Acute Asthma Presenting with Hypercapnia. Am Rev Resp Dis 1988; 138:535-39.
Mountain R. High-Altitude Medical Problems. Clin Ortho Rel Res 1987; 216:50-54.
Mountain R, Neff T. Oral Theophylline Intoxication—A Serious Error of Patient and Physician Understanding. Arch Int Med 1984; 144:724-27.
Armstrong J, Mountain R. PFT Corner. Resp Care 1983; 28:1592-93.