The application deadline has passed for 2012.
Benefits Of The Program
- A stipend to participate in hands-on research in a laboratory at
National Jewish Health for 2 consecutive summers ($5,000
- Funds to buy supplies for your classroom.
- The chance to attend the national Partners in Science Conference each January in San Diego (free of charge).
- Time for pedagogic development and lesson planning to incorporate
what you are learning in the laboratory into your curriculum is built into the 8-week summer
- A lecture series on immunology.
- Graduate students and post-doctoral fellows will be available to
support you in the classroom during the school year.
and commencement dates are based on the academic schedules of the
participating teachers. We hope the experience revitalizes your love of
Considerations For Participating Teachers
- The commitment to work in the same lab for two consecutive summers;
- You teach at least one basic level of high school biology course each year;
- You participate in program assessment;
- You intend to continue teaching.(No previous research experience is required.)
We are very excited about this program and hope to create
long-standing relationships that support science education in the
For more information, contact Dr. Kara Lukin at email@example.com and in the lab at 303.398.1329.