The application deadline has passed for 2013.
Benefits Of The Program
- A stipend to participate in hands-on research in a laboratory at National Jewish Health for 2 consecutive summers ($5,000 stipend/summer).
- Funds to buy supplies for your classroom.
- The chance to attend the national Partners in Science Conference each January in San Diego (free of charge).
- Time for pedagogic development and lesson planning to incorporate what you are learning in the laboratory into your curriculum is built into the 8-week summer program.
- A lecture series on immunology.
- Graduate students and post-doctoral fellows will be available to support you in the classroom during the school year.
Program initiation and commencement dates are based on the academic schedules of the participating teachers. We hope the experience revitalizes your love of science!
Considerations For Participating Teachers
- The commitment to work in the same lab for two consecutive summers;
- You teach at least one basic level of high school biology course each year;
- You participate in program assessment;
- You intend to continue teaching.(No previous research experience is required.)
We are very excited about this program and hope to create long-standing relationships that support science education in the Denver-Metro area.
For more information, contact Dr. Kara Lukin at email@example.com and in the lab at 303.398.1329.