Guidelines for Your Stay at National Jewish
You or your child will receive the greatest benefit from our care at National Jewish Health by meeting the following responsibilities:
- DO NOT wear perfumes, colognes, aftershave, scented lotions, or scented hairspray.
- Be aware that National Jewish Health is a NON-SMOKING facility.
- Be aware of your schedule at all times and arrive on time to each appointment/test. Certain tests may not be able to be rescheduled if missed. If you cannot keep an appointment, please notify in advance your Patient Administrative Coordinator at 303.398.1629.
- Make sure all medical records are sent to National Jewish Health in advance of your visit.
- Be honest and direct about aspects of the patient's life that relate to his or her illness and experience here. Those who are providing care need to know so they can provide the patient with the best care possible.
- Participate in patient education sessions and ask questions to learn about the patient's medical condition and treatment plan.
- Report any changes in the patient's health to his or her doctor or nurse.
- Know the medicines the patient is taking.
- Support National Jewish Health's commitment to the education of future healthcare professionals, including the specialized training of physicians. As in any teaching institution, patients receiving medical care in this hospital are an important part of this ongoing educational process.
- The patient may require testing at another healthcare facility. The staff will assist the patient in making these arrangements.
- Keep track of personal belongings and valuables.
- Be considerate of other patient's privacy. Please limit visitors, and request visitors to maintain a quiet atmosphere.
- Telephones and televisions are available in the patient rooms and lobby; no personal televisions are allowed.