Volunteer Services: 303.398.1126
- 185 volunteers in 2012
- 6% increase in donated volunteer hours from 2011-2012
- $416,134 value of service in 2012
- 30 departments served by volunteer services in 2012
- Departments served doubled from 2008-2011
National Jewish Health has been consistently ranked not only the leading respiratory hospital in the nation but also among the 25 most influential research institutions in the world in its areas of focus. A leader in respiratory, immunology, cardiology and related diseases, our mission since 1899 is to heal, discover and educate as a preeminent health care institution.
In the next decade, National Jewish Health will seek to be at the forefront of a new era in medicine. We seek to transform research and patient care from reactive to being both proactive and personalized.
Fill out our online volunteer application.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Knowledge and satisfaction that you are helping others in need
- On-the-job training and career enhancement
- Complimentary cafeteria meal per shift
- Free parking
- Annual volunteer recognition events
- Invitation to participate in staff events
- Influenza shots
- Access to our on-site pharmacy
- Access to our on-site medical library
Becoming a Volunteer
We ask that volunteers be able to make a commitment of four hours a week for at least six months (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm)
Required Steps to Start as a Volunteer
- Complete a volunteer application form and necessary paperwork. Fill out our online volunteer application. You will be contacted if your skills match a current volunteer need and opportunity.
- Schedule an interview with the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
- Complete health surveillance form. Flu vaccination required during annual flu season.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Participate in volunteer orientation and department training.
Find current volunteer opportunities.
Read volunteer testimonials.
A Welcome to All Volunteers
On behalf of National Jewish Health, thank you for sharing yourself and your commitment to health care, patients and families by becoming a volunteer with our program.
Since 1899, volunteers have been a key component of our institution, providing ongoing and dedicated support and assistance to our staff, the patients we serve and their families. No matter what your role, volunteers are a valuable resource and your time is truly appreciated. The essence of volunteerism is the spirit of service to others.
Our goal is to continue to serve patients while providing you, the volunteer, with a challenging and satisfying volunteer experience.
Welcome and thank you!