Basic Breakfast Muffin for Egg Allergy
A delicious breakfast muffin recipe safe for those with an allergy to eggs. (Makes 2 muffins - may be tripled for a 6-count muffin pan)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons dry milk with 1 ½ oz. water stirred in
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ½ teaspoon "Egg Replacer" brand egg substitute product with 1 tablespoon water stirred in*
- Mix all ingredients using a spoon so that all of the product can be taken off.
- Line a muffin pan with foil or paper muffin liners. Spray the liners with a non-stick cooking spray, such as Pam.
- Bake at 350° degrees for 25 minutes.
*Egg Replacer is sold at specialty stores such as Whole Foods and is located in the baking aisle.
This information has been approved by Clinical Nutrition Services (July 2010). For specific diet information tailored to your needs, we recommend you consult with one of our registered dietitians.