Hominy Chili with Beans
Hominy refers to corn kernels that have had the germ and hull removed. The B vitamin niacin found in hominy is more readily absorbed by the body. This recipe is incredibly easy to prepare.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 15 ½ ounces hominy, canned, drained
- 15 ounces red beans, drained
- 14 ½ ounces tomatoes, canned
- 14 ½ ounces stewed tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
This information has been approved by Clinical Nutrition Services
(February 2012). For specific diet information tailored to your needs, we
recommend you consult with one of our registered dietitians.