Grilled Corn on the Cob with Lime and Chile
Try this recipe with a new and flavorful twist on corn for those tired of the same old buttered cob.
- Fresh ears of corn, husk and silk removed
- Butter or vegetable oil spray
- Fresh limes
- Chile powder or paprika (optional)
- In a pot large enough to hold the amount of corn you want to cook, bring water to a boil.
- Add husked corn ears and boil corn three to four minutes or until tender.
- Remove corn from boiling water. Coat with butter or vegetable oil spray.
- Preheat barbecue grill.
- Place cooked corn on hot grill.
- Cook only until grill marks form and the corn is reheated.
- Remove from heat.
- Squeeze lime over corn and sprinkle with chile powder or paprika.
- Salt to taste and serve.
This information has been approved by Clinical Nutrition Services (May 2009). For specific diet information tailored to your needs, we recommend you consult with one of our registered dietitians.