- Genetic Associations with Musculoskeletal Disease Genetics
- Genetics of COPD
- Musculoskeletal Conditions (Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis) in Association with COPD
- Oxidants and Antioxidants in the Pathophysiology of Osteoarthritis
- Oxidative Stress
- Use of SOD Mimetics in Orthopedic Injuries
Education & Training
- University of Colorado Denver, PhD
- Boston College (Chestnut Hill, MA), BS, Chemistry, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Massachusetts Medical School (Worchester, MA), MD
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, Orthopedic Surgery
I am interested in diseases and problems of the aging musculoskeletal system particularly arthritis, tendonitis and the aging athlete and the impact of reactive oxygen species and scavenging capacity on those conditions.
I see local and non-local adult patients for orthopedic problems, but only by referral from a National Jewish Health physician.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Western Orthopaedic Association, Rocky Mountain Chapter
Ruth Jackson Orthopedic Society
American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society
Society for Free Radicals in Biology and Medicine
Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI)
Awards & Recognition
Oral Examiner, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Regan EA, Flannelly JK, Bowler RP, Tran K, Duda B, Nicks M, Glueck D, Mason RM, Crapo JD. Extracellular superoxide dismutase and oxidant stress in osteoarthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 52:11, 3479-3491, 2005.
Regan EA, Bowler RP, Crapo JD. Joint fluid antioxidants are decreased in osteoarthritic joints compared to joints with macroscopically intact cartilage and subacute injury. Osteoarthritis Cartilage (2008)16, 515-521.
Regan EA, Hokanson JE, Murphy JR, Make B, Lynch DA, Beaty TH, Curran-Everett D, Silverman EK, Crapo JD. Genetic epidemiology of COPD (COPDGene) Study Design. COPD 7(1):32-43.
Regan EA, Mazur W, Meoni E, Toljamo T, Millar J, Vuopala K, Bowler RP, Rahman I, Nicks ME, Crapo JD, Kinnula VL. Smoking and COPD increase sputum levels of extracellular superoxide dismutase. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011 Aug 1:51(3) 726-32.
Regan EA. COPD is a major risk factor for complications and death in hip fractures. COPD. In review.
More Publications by This Author
Link to Faculty Publications
Link to PubMed for more papers