- Circadian Rhythm Disorders
- Excessive Sleepiness
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Training
- Regis University (Denver, CO), BA, Psychology
- Colorado School of Professional Psychology (Colorado Springs, CO), MA, Clinical Psychology
- Colorado School of Professional Psychology (Colorado Springs, CO), PsyD, Clinical Psychology
- Falcon School District 49 (Colorado Springs, CO), Internship, Clinical and School Psychology
- Lynn Institute of the Rockies (Colorado Springs, CO), Postdoctoral Fellow in Sleep and Sleep Disorders
- Duke University (Durham, NC), Behavioral Sleep Medicine Mini-Fellowship, Insomnia and Sleep Research Program
Understanding relationships between the two most common sleep problems, insomnia and sleep apnea. Understanding the relationships between insomnia and positive airway pressure therapies (CPAP and BiPAP) in individuals with sleep apnea. Rapid screening for sleep disorders in primary care.
2008 Certified Behavioral Sleep Medicine Specialist (CBSM)
Teaching or Professional Positions
2012: Faculty, Annual Conference of the Colorado Academy of Family Physicians
2010: Faculty, Behavioral Sleep Medicine Course of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
2007-2009: Faculty, Annual Winter Symposium on Addictive Disorders and Behavioral Health
Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM)
American Academy of Sleep medicine (AASM)
American Psychological Association (APA)
Awards & Recognition
2011-2012: President, Colorado Sleep Society
2007: Awarded the Behavioral Sleep Medicine Mini-Fellowship by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Glidewell, R., Botts, E., and Orr, W. (Scheduled for Publication in 2013). Insomnia and Anxiety: Diagnostic and Management Implications of Complex Interactions. In J. Herman and M. Hirshkowitz (Eds.) Sleep Medicine and Psychiatric Illness. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Glidewell, R., Roby, E., and Orr, B. (2012). Is Insomnia an Independent Predictor of Obstructive Sleep Apnea? An Investigation of Predictive Utility in a Family Medicine Clinic. J Am Board Fam Med, 25, 104-110.
Glidewell, R., Moorcroft, W., and Lee-Chiong, T. (2010). Comorbid insomnia: Reciprocal relationships and medication management. In T. Lee-Chiong (Series Ed.) and T. Roehrs (Vol. Ed.) Sleep Medicine Clinics: Vol. 5 Medications and Sleep (pp. 627-646). Philadelphia: Elsevier.
Glidewell, R., Imes, N., and Orr, W. (2009). Acetazolamide as an Adjunct to CPAP Treatment: A Case of Complex Sleep Apnea in a Patient on Long-Acting Opioid Therapy. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 5, 63-64.
Botts, E., Orr, W., and Glidewell, R. (2009). Anxiety and perceived activity levels as significant predictors of insomnia in older adults. SLEEP, 32 (Abstract Supplement), A274.