- Connective Tissue Disease – Associated Interstitial Lung Disease
- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatologic Conditions (General)
Education & Training
- Boston University, BA
- University of Colorado Denver, MD
- Harvard Medical School, MMSc
- 2006-2009 Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital, Internship and Residency
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, Rheumatology Fellowship
Clinical and Research Interests
Dr. Barbara Goldstein is on the faculty of National Jewish Health and Denver Health specializing in rheumatic diseases. She sees patients with rheumatologic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis, and scleroderma. She also participates in teaching at the University of Colorado Denver Medical School and clinical training of the interns, residents and fellows. In addition, Dr. Goldstein has clinical research interests in the epidemiology and serum biomarkers of arthritis and connective tissue diseases.
2011: American Board of Internal Medicine
Teaching or Professional Positions
Instructor in the Rheumatology Clinics at Denver Health
Affiliations with the University of Colorado Denver
Instructor in Medicine at University of Colorado Denver
American College of Rheumatology
American Medical Association
Goldstein BL, Chibnik LB, Karlson EW, Costenbader KH.Epstein-Barr virus serologic abnormalities and risk of rheumatoid arthritis among women. Autoimmunity. 2012 Mar;45(2):161-8. Epub 2011 Oct 20.
Deane KD, Striebich CC, Goldstein BL, Derber LA, Parish MC, Feser ML, Hamburger EM, Brake S, Belz C, Goddard J, Norris JM, Karlson EW, Holers VM. Identification of undiagnosed inflammatory arthritis in a community health fair screen. Arthritis Rheum. 2009 Dec 15;61(12):1642-9.