- Allergen Immunotherapy
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergies
- Insect Sting Allergy
- Psychosocial Medicine and Behavioral Science, Other
Education & Training
- Medical College of Wisconsin, MD
- University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children’s Hospital, Pediatrics
- University of Colorado School of Medicine and The Children’s Hospital, Chief Resident, Pediatrics
- University of Colorado School of Medicine and National Jewish Health, Allergy and Immunology
My research interests include investigating the relationship between vitamin D and clinical characteristics of asthma, atopic dermatitis and food allergy. I am also interested in researching and developing programs that utilize technology to improve medication adherence, patient education and health outcomes.
American Board of Allergy and Immunology
Affiliations with the University of Colorado Denver
Assistant Professor, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)
American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI)
Searing DA and Leung DYM. Vitamin D in Atopic Dermatitis, Asthma, and Allergic Diseases. Immunol Allergy Clin N Am 2010; 30:397–409.
Searing DA, Zhang Y, Murphy JR, Hauk PJ, Goleva E, Leung DYM. Decreased serum vitamin D levels in children with asthma are associated with increased corticosteroid use. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2010; 125:995-1000.