- Chronic Cough
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Sleep Disorders
- Unexplained Hypoxia
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
- Sleep in critical illness
Programs & Services
- Division of Critical Care and Hospital Medicine
- Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine (Adult)
- Interstitial Lung Disease Program
- National Jewish Health Highlands Ranch
- National Jewish Health South Denver
- Rose Medical Center Critical Care Service
- Sleep & Behavioral Health Sciences Section
- Sleep Center
- Swedish Medical Center Critical Care Service
Education & Training
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (Little Rock, AR)
- Maimonides Medical Center (Brooklyn, NY)
ICU delirium, pulmonary physiology and sleep disordered breathing.
Critical Care Medicine
Affiliations with the University of Colorado Denver
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Medicine
American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
American Thoracic Society (ATS)
Colorado Sleep Society
Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
Awards & Recognition
Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
Respiratory physiology during sleep. Malik V. Smith D. Lee-Chiong T. Sleep Med Clin. 2012; 7: 497-505.
A Pilot Study to Validate Portable Sleep Recording as a Tool by Which to Accurately Assess Sleep Quality in Critically Ill Patients CHEST.2011;140:808A-808A. doi:10.1378/chest.1116596 (Publications).
Long term outcomes of obstructive sleep apnea and disturbed sleep. Chest Physician Vol.4, Issue 3 - March 2009.
Meningitis as a manifestation of a delayed post-operative complication of endoscopic sinus surgery. Crit Care Med 2005:32:12:A92.
Effects of Vasopressin in severe septic shock. Crit Care Med 2005;32:12:A155. Bedside cannulation of the Axillary Vein under ultrasound guidance. Chest 2005: 128:4:209S.
More Publications by This Author
Link to PubMed for more papers