Education & Training
- University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS), BA
- University of Kansas School of Medicine, MD
- University of Colorado (Boulder, CO), MA, Philosophy (Ethics)
- University of Edinburgh (Scotland), Medicine
- St. Luke's Hopsital (Kansas City, MO)
- The Edward Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology
- Northwestern University, Pallative Care Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine, Mallinckrodt Academic Pulmonary Fellow
- University of London, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, Research Fellow, Respiratory Medicine
Diagnostic Thoracic Imaging
Clinical Medical Ethics
Ethics in Critical Care and Palliative Medicine
Affiliations with the University of Colorado Denver
Clinical Professor, Diagnostic Radiology, School of Medicine
Clinical Professor, Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine
Faculty Associate, Center for Bioethics and Humanities
American College of Radiology, Fellow
Society of Critical Care Medicine
Radiologic Society of North America
Awards & Recognition
More than 50 visiting Professorships Numerous teaching awards Best Doctors in America Award, 1996-1997; 1999-2000
Armstrong, John D II. Oxford American Handbook of Pulmonary Medicine. Chapter 51, Ethical Issues: Background and COPD, Lung Cancer and Neurological Disease. New York: Oxford Publishers, 2009.
The role of baseline data collection in implementing institutional initiatives to improve end-of-life care. J Pall Med, 2002.
Morality, ethics, and radiologists responsibilities. AJR, 1999:173;279-284.
Ethical Issues in the Intensive Care Unit, Chest: Pulmonary & Critical Care Update, April 1999; 13.
More Publications by This Author
Link to Faculty Publications